- $4,667 – $5,673 monthly with incentives up to $6567
- Negotiated pay increases: 2% on July 1, 2016, 1.5% on Jan. 1, 2017 and 1.5% on July 1, 2017
- 3% @ 50 PERS Retirement Formula for “Classic” Members (employee pays 4% contribution)
- 2.7% @ 57 PERS Retirement Formula for New Members*
- 5% for POST Intermediate / 5% for POST Advanced
- 5% for Senior Officer Assignment
- Education Reimbursement: up to $1,000/year
- Safety Education Loan Forgiveness (SELF) Program: up to $10,000
- Physical Fitness Reimbursement
- Bilingual Pay
- $1,000 Annual Uniform Allowance
- City-Paid Health Plan (Core Flex / Kaiser)
- City-Paid Life Insurance
- 3/12 Work Schedule
*State requires new CalPERS safety members are required to pay 11.5% contribution towards PERS.
The department is staffed by 23 sworn officers including Chief of Police Tim Mattos, a Police Commander and 4 Police Sergeants. The department has its own dispatch center and code enforcement officers. The department has the latest in law enforcement technology and equipment.
The department offers a variety of overtime assignments including: Traffic, Marine Patrol, Major Crimes Unit / CSI, Mobile Field Force, Crisis & Hostage Negotiation and a regional SWAT Team. The department also has the special assignment positions of Detective and School Resource Officer.
Suisun City is centrally located between the City of San Francisco and the City of Sacramento along the Interstate 80 Corridor. The City has approximately 28,000 residents across 4.6 square miles. Through extensive redevelopment, the City is experiencing growth in both residential and commercial developments. Suisun City is fast becoming the prosperous waterfront community civic leaders have long-envisioned.
Under general supervision of a Police Sergeant or other supervisory/management staff, performs a variety of duties related to the protection of public health, safety, and welfare and the enforcement of applicable federal, state, and local laws; provides traffic enforcement and control; and carries out special assignments in a particular phase of police work. The Police Officer is an entry/journey level class responsible for performance of the full scope of assigned law enforcement duties and responsibilities. New incumbents may have limited related experience but are expected to learn the full range of duties and responsibilities, perform duties with minimal direct supervision, and exercise sound judgment and discretion in making decisions.
Any combination of education and experience likely to provide required knowledge and abilities listed in the complete job announcement, typically:
- Equivalent to a high school diploma and enrollment in or graduation from a P.O.S.T. approved police academy.
- Some work experience as a California peace officer or other work experience that demonstrates a general aptitude for police work
- Appropriate California driver’s license
- Qualify for or possess P.O.S.T Basic Certificate upon completion of probationary period
- Additional certifications may be required for specialized assignments
College level course work and specialized training in law enforcement, criminal justice or related field.
An Associate’s degree.
How to Apply
Required City application can be obtained at City Hall Administration, 701 Civic Center Blvd., Suisun City, CA 94585; phone 707-421-7300. You may also complete our electronic job application. Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view this electronic version.