The mission of the Code Enforcement Unit is to enforce city codes to eliminate blight that invites crime and contributes to the deterioration of our neighborhoods. The unit handles a variety of cases that occur on both public and private property. The unit works hard to clean up and improve our neighborhoods.
The team consists of two Code Enforcement Officers supervised by a Sergeant. The Code Enforcement team works with other departments within city government such as the Public Works Department and City Attorney’s Office.
Some of the most common violations handled by Code Enforcement include:
- Hazardous Vehicles on City Streets & Private Property
- Sidewalk Hazards
- Vehicles Abandoned or Stored on Public/Private Property
- Trash & Debris on Private Property
- RVs Parked on Public Property
- Illegal Camping
- Basketball Standards & Skateboard Ramps
- Garbage Toters
Reporting a Violation
You can report a code enforcement violation online by clicking here or by calling (707) 421-3223.