How do I obtain a copy of a traffic collision report?

You can now obtain copies of traffic collision reports online. To access your report, go to Collision reports are maintained online by Crossroads Software, Inc., on behalf of the Suisun City Police Department. If you need assistance, please contact Crossroads Software customer service at (714) 494-4559 8am-5pm PST.

How do I get a fix-it ticket signed off?

Citations requiring proof of correction are only signed off at the Police Department. There is a fee of $22 for an officer to sign off your citation. Note: This fee is separate from any fees due for the citation itself.

It is beyond 21 days since I was issued a Notice of Parking/Registration/Mechanical Violation. Can I still appeal it?

No. After 21 calendar days from the issuance of a Notice of Parking/Registration/Mechanical Violation, you forfeit your right to an appeal. You must pay the full amount due, including any late fees and penalties.

I paid my registration fees to DMV. Why was I issued a citation?

Although you may have paid your registration fees, the vehicle is not considered registered until all holds are removed and DMV issues the updated registration. A common hold is the requirement of a SMOG check. The vehicle is considered unregistered, pursuant to 4000(a)(1), and as such, may be issued a citation.

How do I contest a Notice of Parking, Registration or Mechanical Violation?

You may contest a Notice of Parking, Registration or Mechanical Violation Citation within 21 calendar days of issuance by writing a letter requesting an Initial Administrative Review. You must provide the reason you feel the citation was issued in error and include copies of all applicable documentation relating to your appeal. Documents submitted will not be returned.

Mail your appeal to:

Office of Parking Violations
City of Suisun City
PO Box 11113
San Jose, CA 95103-1113

Please provide your complete mailing address as you will be notified by mail of the result of your Initial Administrative Review.

If you have questions, please call 1-800-818-1832.


Notice: You may NOT appeal your citation in person at the Police Department. You must follow the instructions above.

What do I do if I am issued a Parking/Mechanical/Registration Ticket?

If you have been issued a Notice of Parking Violation, Notice of Registration Violation or Notice of Mechanical Violation, you must respond to the citation within 21 days of issuance.

You may pay your parking citation online or by calling 1-800-818-1832. Notice of Registration Violation and Notice of Mechanical Violation citations cannot be paid online. You must mail payment and proof of correction to:

Office of Parking Violations
City of Suisun City
PO BOX 11113
San Jose, CA 95103-1113

If you have questions regarding your citation, please call 1-800-818-1832. We do not accept payment at the Police Department.


License Plate, Registration/Tab and Mechanical Violations

Sections 4000(a), 5200-5204 and mechanical violations of the California Vehicle Code require evidence of correction and vehicle inspection before payment can be accepted. A photocopy of your registration is not sufficient proof of correction. If validation and payment are received within 21 days of issuance, the fine shall be reduce to $10.00.


Failure to Pay

Failure to pay or contest the citation within 21 calendar days of issuance will cause an increased penalty, notification to the Department of Motor Vehicles to refuse registration of the vehicle, referral to a collection agency and interception of funds through the California Franchise Tax board. If a vehicle is found on a highway or off-street parking facility and the vehicle has (5) or more unpaid parking violations, the vehicle may be impounded or booted.