How do I request the dismissal of charges?

The decision to file charges rests solely with the District Attorney’s Office. If you made a report and¬†the case was referred to the District Attorney’s office, you may appear in person at the Police Department and submit a written letter requesting the dismissal of charges. This information will be added to the case file and¬†forwarded to the District Attorney’s Office.

Posted in: Patrol FAQs